Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Pumpkin Cookies for all!

Tonight I had the urge to bake. I started with a variation on these pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, and followed it up with a little something for RogerDog. In season, and tummy-soothing!


Pumpkin Pie Dog Biscuits 
from the You Bake 'Em Dog Biscuits Cookbook
Combine all dry ingredients. Blend together wet ingredients. Mix together (I always skip the separate bowls, and mix everything together from the start). Roll out and cut with cookie cutters. Line baking sheet with tin foil, bake at 350F for 30-40min.

-1.5c whole wheat flour
-2c white flour
-1/2c rolled oats
-1 tsp cinnamon
-1/2 tsp nutmeg
-1/2c chicken broth (I just used water)
-3/4c canned pumpkin
-1 Tbsp oil
-1 Tbsp maple syrup
-1 egg


Roger stayed in the living room the whole time I was making these, but as soon as they came out of the oven he magically appeared at my side to taste test. Based on his reaction, these won't be around for long!

2 comments:

Lou said...

Looks good.. :o)
Save some for me, Roger!*woof*

@RealFakeGator said...

I can't wait for mom to make these for me!
Nom nom nom