Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Welcome, IC Feminists!!

I am so thrilled to be mentioned and linked to in today's ICFeminists email! (yes, I'm still on the listserve!) Welcome, ICF members, thanks for checking out my blog!

It's been so wonderful reading about all the awesome programs you have put on in the past two years! The ICF blog is a great idea. I'm so impressed, and thrilled that the group has continued to gain strength and recognition on campus. Cheers to you, ICF!

Being one of the founding members, let me give you youngsters a history lesson, haha. Spring '04, a group of us started ICF to discuss feminist issues, debate current events, and raise funds to bus students to the March for Women's Lives in Washington, DC on April 25, 2004. I served as treasurer that first semester, vice president spring '05, and president 05-06.

I had the honor of working side by side with many truly passionate, brilliant board members - Meg Favreau, LeeAnn Marhevsky, Dana Malone, Kim Marsh, Kristin Baker, Kendra Lynn, Naomi Karp, Lizzie Nolan, and more. We tabled more hours and sold more tee-shirts than I ever imagined possible. We even caused a stir among republicans, check it out!!

For any fellow alumni reading this, I would love to hear what you've been up to! There IS feminism and activism after college - I'm a member of the Burlington feminist meet-up, an active group of women here in town. So please, reach out to me - if there's interest, I'd be happy to facilitate some sort of network to keep ICF alums in touch, and keep the energy going!

Photos: ICF banner for a Progressive Alliance event; This is What A Feminist Cooks Like potluck hoodie celebration (that's me front left)

No comments: